Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Announcing Data Dashboard for LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 59
(7,148 Views)

Hi,

I may give a try but it is really complicated if every single port will be set. I'll prefer to disable the windows firewall.

Another question is, whether this app can be used through a bluetooth conection?

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 59
(7,120 Views)

That is an interesting question. The application only works through network connections. If you somehow have a network connection over bluetooth then that could work, but the application itself knows nothing about bluetooth. These are just network protocols. We're not inventing any new communication mechanisms here.

What use case did you have in mind? What kind of bluetooth device are you dealing with?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 59
(7,109 Views)

The point is for many companys, to say in automobile industry, have strict constrain on using WLAN. 

We are planning a in-vehicle testing, which could be quite interesting using the iPad for user interface.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 59
(7,104 Views)

If your company has a policy against using WiFi then it seems like using bluetooth instead is against the spirit, if not the letter, of the policy. Bluetooth is also potentially susceptible to man-in-the-middle attacks so it's really no safer than encrypted WiFi.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 59
(7,096 Views)

I have been reading through this forum, and I have been trying to get the Data Dashboard working also.  I am having troubles with it communicating, sometimes it works flawlessly and sometimes it does not.  I have turned off the firewall and done all that I can imagine from reading on the NI site.  Is there any other help documents?  I know that this is a fairly simple setup, but when I add it into a larger application it seems this is when I start to have the issues.  Are there any constraints in using the Data Dashboard? 

Thanks,

Fritz

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 59
(7,048 Views)

You will have to be more specific about the problems you are having.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 59
(7,039 Views)

Adam,

Sorry about being vague, sometimes I have the problem of rambling or over describing the issue and it gets lost in translation.  Luckily this time it wasn't either of those problems.

The issue is connecting to the Shared Variables in the Data Dashboard.  I am able to see my variables with no problem, after I enter in the IP Address.  After I add the variables I want into the Dashboard sometimes it works flawlessly and sometimes it will not connect and show the Attention symbol.  I have tried multiple different networks, thinking that it was a Firewall issue I turned of the firewall, and I still have the same issues.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 59
(7,027 Views)

Does it only show that icon initially and then eventually it goes away, or does it initially connect but then occasionally disconnect? With shared variables you may see that icon at first but it should go away once it connects. If it comes back at random times after connecting then you may be losing your network connection (maybe your WiFi signal is weak?) or your server may be going down. We also show that icon if the variable connects succesfully but it has no value. That doesn't come up often, but it can happen if you restart the machine that is hosting it and haven't yet started the application which actually feeds data into the shared variable.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 59
(7,014 Views)
Adam,

The problem is that it isn't consistent, sometimes it will happen at the beginning and it will never connect. Or it will connect and then it will flash the attention symbol, and the last scenario is it works perfect.

Is there any network connection specifications for the data dashboard? I have tested it successfully using my phone when it wasn't using wifi. I am just confused because some days it will work and the next it won't.

I have been really excited about this because I have a customer that had been asking for a feature like this and I almost have it working. Are there any other suggestions? I looked at the web ui builder but that isn't in the checkbook right now. The dashboard is basically the exact solution my customer is looking for.

Any thoughts would be great, and thanks already.

Fritz
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 59
(7,003 Views)