LabVIEW Web Development Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing data to web service

Hi,

I have downloaded the example cRIO WebServices Project as per attachment. In this project data is passed to the web service using shared variables.

I instead have tried to pass data to the web service using a functional global variable. I simply increment a number in the SystemResourceRT.vi and then try to read it in the SystemResourcesWEB.vi (GET) in place of the CPU key. When in debug mode (port 8001) this works. I see a number incrementing on the debug webpage in the CPU field. However, when viewing the webpage in published mode (port 8080), the number remains at 0.

Could somebody explain why this is and what would be the work around? I want to be able to run a web service that talks to our existing software running as an rt.exe on our cRIO-906x.

FGV.PNG

FGV read.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,498 Views)

Hi Con,

For this to work then the web service and the application have to run in the same application instance.

For deployment this means you need to deploy the web service as part of the application, not using it's own deployment tool (which I believe leads to the problem you are seeing).

When you build the RT EXE there is a Web Services section, simply include the web service here and it should start working again.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 2 of 3
(4,243 Views)

Right on.

I was just stumbling accross this fact while looking into the Weather Monitor example in Labview 2014 examples. Got it working.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,243 Views)