LabVIEW Web Development Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PHP with LabVIEW web services

Does the LabVIEW web Server understand PHP?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(7,040 Views)

Unfortuanately no. it uses a compiled version of EmbedThis Appweb under the hood, and it doesn't support PHP. I've looked in to this quite a bit and couldn't figure out a way to add it, so if you figure something out please let us know!

Tanner B.
Systems R&D Engineer - Aerospace, Defense, and Government
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,884 Views)

it would have been very useful, i am trying to use mySQL on a cRIO that is running a LabVIEW web server and PHP would have been very helpful. i am using "system exec.vi" to interact with the database (basically using the Linux RT shell) as the DB connectivity toolkit is not supported on RT targets.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,884 Views)

It looks like the source for Appweb is available and PHP support can be added via an addition at compile time. https://embedthis.com/appweb/doc/start/source.html

However, it looks like the NI isn't using the compiled version directly. Maybe it is just renamed, but I'm guessing that source for Appweb is embedded into a larger NI exe.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,884 Views)

I've explored this route with no success.

Tanner B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,884 Views)

This was my use case as well. Hopefully good things will come in the future that will allow for this.

Tanner B.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,884 Views)

Depending on your application/use case, a potential solution for this is to add another host as a reverse proxy, put the cRIO on a private network behind the host. Then you can setup IIS/apache/etc and use whatever scripting language you like. This would also give you a more "normal" means to access MySQL from php if you don't need that data on the cRIO directly.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,884 Views)