LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Property Node to Invoke Node.llb

Author: Chris Virgona

(Inspired by this Idea Exchange post)

This plugin replaces a property node with an invoke node, or an invoke node with a property node. It now supports replacing of multiple nodes too.

Before:

before.png

After:

after.png

Attachement is saved in LabVIEW 2015. For install instructions, go here.

Comments
Craig_
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

This is great!

Some suggestions:

• This should also add an option to "Replace with Property Node" if you right click on an invoke node
  • This should support converting multiple property nodes to invoke nodes (if you have multiple items selected)

The plugin seems to do a good job of keeping the property node type when converting, but there's something funny with converting .NET and ActiveX property nodes:

property nodes.PNG

Craig H. | CLA CTA CLED | Applications Engineer | NI Employee 2012-2023
fabric
Active Participant
Active Participant
on

Hi Craig,

The matching "Replace with Property Node" was available in another plugin I wrote. I originally considered merging them into one plugin but decided against it because I thought the name would be ambiguous... On reflection I agree that the two functions would be better combined into one plugin, so that's what I'v done for this (V2) release.

I had multi-select mode working but inadvertently broke it when I adjusted the positioning of the shortcut menu item. Now fixed.

Regarding .NET and ActiveX, I haven't tested those cases. I'm guessing there is some weirdness with the scripting "Replace" method which needs some special handling for certain nodes.

Thanks for the feedback! 🙂

Contributors