LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Elements from your own palette

Author: Lorenz Casper

The Idea for that PlugIn was based on a customer question and the PlugIn is more a kind of a template or idea and you can modifie it for your individial needs.

The idea is that it is very helpfull that you can create controls and indicators via the context menu. There is just one gap - in the "Tools-->Options"-Dialog you can deside which palette is choosen, but for that mechanism their is no option for additional palletes

Important:

In addition to copy the .dll to the appropriated folder you will need two additional folders in the "LabVIEW Data" folder: "myIndicators" and "myControls" (this part could be modified as you needed) with your Controls and Indicators in it.

Before:

Old Menue.png

After:

New Menue.png

Attachement is saved in LabVIEW 2015. For install instructions, go here.

Kwon Issues:

Their is currently no Error-Handling if the appropriated Control/Indicator or folder not exists. As I said this is more a kind of Idea or Prototype.

I'm looking forward to your feedback!

Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast
on

Could you provide some graphical illustration of what the plugin does?

DaIn
on

This plugin is very useful. And i really want to use it in daily work.

So far i have an issue found but can't resolve it on my own.

The problem is if the terminal is inside a For/While loop the indicator/control is automatically placed outside the loop.

I guess the issue is that the owner refnum to "New VI Object.vi" is not correct but was not able to fix it.

Maybe someone can help here.Capture.JPG

Contributors