From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Shortcut Menu Plug-Ins

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Bookmark.llb

Overview

Adds right-click menu item for text labels that lets you quickly add bookmarks which you have already used. While this may not increase development speed, it will hopefully drive consistency in which bookmarks you use.

Description

When right-clicking a text label an Add Tags menu item with several submenu items, each a unique bookmark, will become available. After selecting a submenu item, the bookmark is added to the beginning of the text label.

Add Tag.gif

The submenu items list is generated by looking for all unique tags in the VI's owning project. If a new bookmark tag is used in a VI, it will appear in the right-click menu only after the VI is saved.

New Tag.gif

Hardware and Software Requirements

LabVIEW 2016 or compatible

Steps to Implement or Execute Code

Add .llb to <LabVIEW>\resource\plugins\PopupMenus\edit time panel and diagram

Additional Information or References

If you have the bookmark manager open and use this plugin, you may see the bookmark appear and quickly be deleted. If this happens, open the execute VI and increase the magic wait fairy. If you actually know how to properly handle this case, please send me a private message. 

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Comments
Suda苏打!
on

hi,guys,thanks very much

Suda苏打!
on

111.png

hi,i had try this,but,it's not work,捕获.PNG

Jacobson-ni
NI Employee (retired)
on

Try saving the VI, the list won't update if a tag is added and the VI is not saved.

I also didn't really do a lot of testing outside of projects so let me know if that doesn't work.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
Suda苏打!
on

thanks,I save vi,and it's ok,no problems,thank very much

Contributors