From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyservo

Provide Software Architecture for using the StateChart Module on a cRIO with a Host UI.

Having used our LabVIEW 2011 StateChart module with great success on a CompactDAQ system, I now have a new project using a CompactRIO 9075 which will
be controlling a hydraulic test unit.  I would like to again use our StateChart Module so the functionality of the machine is understandable to all stakeholders.

The best NI example project I could find is the Chemical Mixing Example w/StateChart.  It is exactly what I need except that it is a "headless" architecture.  I need a 1:1 networked communication to my host PC for recipe entering and data logging much like the Bioreactor Example in the CompactRIO Developers Guide.  See attached architecture jpg. I need to know how, specifically, to add a Host UI and incorporate network streams for the Host Command sender -> RT Command Parser.

In other words, what software architecture would combine the Chemical Mixing Example (w/StateChart) with the Bioreactor Example?