From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Real-Time Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RavensFan

Can MAX show date as well as time in the timestamp for I/O channels?

I was replying to a message thread someone had about question marks showing up for the times in the I/O channels for a compact Fieldpoint system.  While investigating, I notice on my system that I had timestamps for data that occurred later in the day than the current time.  So I know those timestamps were from a day prior than the current day.  Actually, the test stand had been idle for quite a few days, so I pretty much know those I/O channels had not been updated for a while.  But I could not tell from the timestamp when exactly that data was from.

In the attached screenshot, the current time was about 1:44 pm.  Some data shows it had just been timestampled.  Some data was from 7am,  other data from 2:19 pm or 4:19 pm.  I know that that data had to have been from yesterday or older.  The 7am could be from today or older, but there was no way to tell.  Based on my usage of that test stand, I'm pretty sure all of that data is at least 3 days old, and perhaps 6 or 7 days old.  That is okay and not a problem.  But there is no way of knowing how old that data actually is based on this screenshot.

I think MAX should show the date as part of the timestamp when looking at the I/O data.

Message Edited by Ravens Fan on 10-20-2009 11:48 AM
Message Edited by Laura F. on 10-22-2009 01:32 PM
3 Comments
DirkW
NI Employee (retired)

Thats a good idea. I go ahead and add this to our requested Feature List for FieldPoint.

DirkW

jkurtw
NI Employee (retired)

You should check out the Distributed System Manager for monitoring network published I/O. It is installed with LabVIEW 8.6 or later.

Also, here is a stand-alone installer: 

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/1120/lang/en 

Here is a link to a demo of the system manager:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/8167#toc0

RavensFan
Knight of NI

I'm going to post a message here to give this a little bump, and hope to get more than the 1 kudo as it sits at now.  I came across a situation today where it would be nice.  I'm looking at a screen where a few items are 17:03, and a bunch are 17:47.  At first glance, 17:03 looks to be more stale than 17:47, except that it is current 5:03 pm.  17:47 isn't for another 40 minutes.  It is a cFP controller looking at a test stand I hadn't run in about a month.  So I'd like to know how long a go it has been since the 17:47 timestamps were logged.