LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

some strange behavior

I have found something in mathscript that I can't quite figure out.

If I define the following:

N = 8192
fs = 1.92e9

and then generate

t = [0:1/fs:(1/fs*(N-1))]

I get a array that is only 8191 long instead of 8192 which is what matlab gives me.

What is more strange is that if I set N = 1024 then mathscript does in fact give me a 1024 elements. In fact every number I tried around 8192 gave the right result. When I change fs to something else I get the right number too. There is something to the relationship of fs to N which creates a special case that causes a drop of the last element?

Thanks
Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,510 Views)
I can reproduce this and think it is a bug. I have reported it in the general bug thread:

Hopefully somebody from NI will throw in a comment and possibly provide a CAR#. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,488 Views)
Hello Jeff,

You have discovered a bug in MathScript.  I have filed a CAR (#45TCCISF) and it should be fixed in a future release of LabVIEW.  It looks like MathScript is only omitting the calculation of the last element and this is likely a rounding issue.  For a workaround, you could manually compute the last element and append it to the matrix.

Grant M.
Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW Math & Signal Processing | National Instruments
Message 3 of 3
(6,480 Views)