LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plot text location

Hi all,

I've started trialing the Mathscript RT module for the purpose of being able to run some existing m-files created in Matlab without the need to have matlab installed. As expected not all functions are available so im having issues with the plot text configuration. In my matlab script i use the uicontrol to place interactive buttons and notifications on my plots which also use the ginput command. 

Before getting to placing buttons on the plot i would like to display a simple message above the plot area. I've use the 'text' command but locating it above and outside the plot are seem to not work as well as id likei.e. the text is placed overlapping the top plot area boundary - any tips on how to place text outside the plot area? 

I could use the title for displaying text but i need it for displaying file information. 

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,659 Views)

Hi David,

Sounds it may not be possible to layout exactly as you wished. However have you considered some of the other dialogs you can use within LabVIEW (1/2/3 button dialogs) or perhaps having a text box to indicate the message and using a property node editing the "Visible" property to make it only appear when needed.

Best Regards,
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,627 Views)

Hi adlb,

I've considered it but I'm using the plot window along with a number of ginput commands. Having a dialog box would be distracting and take focus from the plot window and text boxes would be difficult to see...unless they can be placed within the plot window?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,625 Views)

Hi David,

You could definitely place the Textbox over the Graph. See the screenshot below for an example. To show/hide the control you could just right click and choose "Create >> Property Node >> Visible" Then wiring true or false to this will show/hide.

Regards,

Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,608 Views)

Hi adlb,

Unfortunately I'm looking at using the mathscript Plot function as I also need to use the 'ginput' and 'line' functionality in mathscript. I don't really want to convert my matlab scripts into LV code. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,605 Views)

Hi,

I had a look through the example "Mathscript Customized Plot" in LabVIEW and it looks like unfortunately you can't configure the text parameters to sit outside of the plot area.

Best Regards,

Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,595 Views)