LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mathscript download will not run on mac

The download from the NI site for Mathscript for the Mac is a .exe file how do I use this on a Mac?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,529 Views)

I guess you are talking about this page. The exe is just the downloader that will download the *.iso file. Maybe you can find a PC (or windows emulation) to download it.

I agree this is probably a mistake that should be corrected.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,528 Views)

I have alerted our web team about this issue, and they are in the process of fixing the problem. In the mean time, were you able to get the module installed or do you still need assistance?

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
Message 3 of 12
(7,491 Views)

Update from our web team;

The link has been fixed for Macs. They are still working on the Linux versions.

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,476 Views)

Fixed for Linux as well. Thanks for pointing this out!

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,461 Views)

Hi, I can't download the mpkg file, when I browse to it with Firefox or Safari it shows me the folder contents instead of downloading the package installer. Am I doing something wrong or is the error on the NI site?

Thanks DrChn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,418 Views)

Hold down Ctrl and click on the link. Then select Download Linked File As...

Capture.PNG

That will allow you to save the .mpkg file. Have a great day!

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,387 Views)

Thanks for getting back to me John, holding ctrl does allow me to download the linked file, but all that gets downloaded is 765 bytes of HTML text, as though its packaging the webpage as an mpkg file (see attached, was downloaded and labelled as .mpkg, but has been renamed for uploading). I'm worried this could also be in vain because I'm using LV 2009 and I believe the current download is for LV 2011, do you know if its possible the download the older mathscript module?

Many Thanks

Anthony

Postdoctoral Researcher

Royal Veterinary College

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(7,375 Views)

I can, however, confirm that downloading the Linux version works normally as expected

Thanks

Anthony

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,373 Views)

I'll let the web team know about that. It was working for me yesterday, but the Mac machine I have is now exhibiting that same behavior. I sent you a private message with a good download location. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,361 Views)