From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difference between mathscript and matlabscript

Solved!
Go to solution

hi iam new to labview and learning  n doing project on labview

what is the difference between mathscript and matlabscript

i want do simulation using matlab

how can i do

if any one suggest this

please reply and give some support so that i will complete my project........

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(12,747 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author paar

With the LabVIEW MathScript Node, the blue rectangular region, you can run .m file scripts from your LabVIEW graphical programs (known as virtual instruments or VIs). You can use the MathScript Node

to insert textual algorithms into a VI and then use the LabVIEW graphical programming environment to instrument the scripts by adding knobs, slides, buttons, graphics, and other user controls and indicators.

Message 2 of 7
(12,713 Views)

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(12,712 Views)

To understand Developing Algorithms Using LabVIEW MathScript, browse through the following link:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3257

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(12,711 Views)

than sir

sir can u tel me how can we do simulation using math script or matlab node

figure should simulate on waveform graph or chart

for example amplitude Vs Frequency of the system......

if u want i wil send my VI having matlab code......

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(12,677 Views)

From reading the responses I do not feel the answer to the original question was really answered. "What is the difference between the Mathscript node and the MATLAB node?"

One major difference is that the Mathscript RT add-on module node does not require you to have a licensed version of Matlab installed and it handles the script within the VI . The MATLAB script makes a separate call to MATLAB to process the script and requires a licensed installation on the local machine.

Message 6 of 7
(11,671 Views)

It's frustrating when people don't read the question and then answer what they know, instead of what the OP asked.

Thank you for catching this, and exactly answering what I and the OP wanted to know.

Message 7 of 7
(9,145 Views)