From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is LabVIEW MathScript?

The subject of this forum, LabVIEW MathScript, is a new feature for LabVIEW 8 that adds math-oriented, textual programming to LabVIEW. MathScript joins graphical dataflow programming as another means to define the custom software you develop using LabVIEW. Working with LabVIEW, you can choose a textual approach, a graphical approach, or a combination of the two. You can choose the most effective syntax for technical computing, whether you are developing algorithms, exploring signal processing concepts, or analyzing results. The significance of LabVIEW and MathScript lies in this “best of both worlds” approach that it facilitates.

At the heart of LabVIEW MathScript is a high-level text-based programming language with syntax and functionality that abstracts the complexity of tasks related to signal processing, analysis, and math. MathScript includes more than 500 built-in functions for such work so you can define your own new user-defined functions. MathScript is generally compatible with m-file script syntax, the syntax widely used by alternative technical computing software such as The MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB® software, Comsol, Inc. COMSOL ScriptTM software and others.

Such compatibility means that you can work with many previously developed m-file scripts such as those available in engineering textbooks or on web sites that distribute open-source m-file scripts.

Please visit http://ni.com/mathscript for more information about LabVIEW MathScript including:

Inside MathScript

A white paper with a more extensive overview

Function Lists

Complete and abridged lists of built-in LabVIEW MathScript functions

Examples

Links to online examples for LabVIEW MathScript

Much more…

MATLAB® is a registered trademark of The MathWorks, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Sam Shearman
Message 1 of 13
(24,839 Views)

Hello,

I´m working with Labview acquiring data and I would like to do the following operation with the mathscript if it is posible.

I have an acquire signal like F=f(V,t) an d I would like to change the x axe value to have G=g(G,t) . Where G=a+b*V+c*V^2+d*V^3.

Then represent the new signal in a wavegraph.

I think it could make easy with Matha Script but I don´t get the correct code. I only get a  G value like a number, not like real time signal.

Thank you very much for you attention. Iwould be very grateful for some idea.

Sincerely,

John.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(22,679 Views)
Sorry, I don't quite understand your nomenclature. Is your data two dimensional? Isn't  "t" the x-axis?

In any case, you probably don't need mathscript. Just use "polynomial evaluation", e.g. as follows (assuming your data is a 1D array of V values, one for each t).

Message Edited by altenbach on 02-14-2008 09:16 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(22,662 Views)
Hello,
Thank you very much for your idea. It is just what I was looking for. I have used the polynomial evaluation.
My origin polynomial is an acquired signal V(t) and I get a new signal G(t) that takes value each second. I would like
a more continues signal. For example it changes each 0.2 second. Have I to modify something in the polynomial evaluation.vi?

Thank you very much for your time. Sincerely,
John

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(22,650 Views)

Hello,

Excuse me but it doesn´t work as well I though. The Polynomial G(t) returns almost the same values that the origin Polynomial V(t). For example for V(1) = 3;  G(1)= 3.12 and it must be G(1)= 40, more or less. Do you know if  have to chage some parameters on th Polynomial evaluation.vi?

Thanks a lot. Sincerely,

John. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(22,634 Views)
It looks like you have the inputs reversed!

The polynomial coefficients go to the lower input terminal and the data array to the upper input terminal of polynomial interpolation. Check the online help. 😉
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(22,631 Views)

Thank you very much.

You was on right. I don´t know the easest problems and some others too.

Thanks a lot, sincerely,

John

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(22,576 Views)
Thank you for your explain....
Working...
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(20,967 Views)

By the way, how to post the new question??

Thankyou 

Working...
Message 9 of 13
(20,965 Views)

How does the speed and memory efficient of mathscript compared to using regular mathematical blocks in labview when I am doing some complicated math operational or conditional selections? 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(19,648 Views)