From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The output of my mathscript node is not changing the data type ?

hi

iam attaching my .vi iam having problem that my math script function is not changing it data type in its output

iam uisng labview 2009

what reason it will be?/

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,796 Views)

Can you clearly post what exactly you want to do...

Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,787 Views)

If you are sure with the c coding try using this...

Smiley Wink

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,781 Views)

@br.anand wrote:

If you are sure with the c coding try using this...

Not sure how that's supposed to help since the code is MathScript, which is a different language...

For original question: Have you verified that the license for MathScript is active? You can do this through the NI License Manager (Start -> Programs -> National Instruments -> NI License Manager). For LabVIEW 2009 MathScript is licensed as a separate product - it is no longer bundled with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,757 Views)

First off, there is a dedicated mathscript forum that might be better to get your problems answered. (I see if I can have this thread moved from the LabVIEW board, else you can re-post over there.)

I see the same problem that (1) the outputs have no datatype and (2) all datatypes are greyed out, so they cannot be selected manually. (The input is trivial, just wire something and it will adapt).

I am not a text programmer, but I suspect that there is something wrong or incompatible with your code. I have not looked at the statements. Is this copied from an existing matlab program, for example?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,746 Views)

altenbach wrote: 

I am not a text programmer, but I suspect that there is something wrong or incompatible with your code. I have not looked at the statements. Is this copied from an existing matlab program, for example?

It's probably a continuation of this thread

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,738 Views)

thanks all

i knew mathscript have user defined funcion but not 100 similar like matlab

iam trying to change code

tc

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,706 Views)

Hi Nabeloabbasi

A couple things concerning your code:

1. The 'x0' input needs to have something wired to it so the compiler can use its data type to compute the data types of everything that depends on it. This means you will have to create a control or constant and wire it to the 'x0' input terminal on the MathScript node.

2. There is a 4th terminal on the right hand side of the node 'uk' that is currently marked as an input terminal. Based on your code I would guess you meant for this to be an output terminal but if not then you would need to wire something to this terminal as well.

Changing these two things will allow MathScript to automatically select the data types for the output terminals.

Regards,

K Scott

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(7,588 Views)