Suggestions for MathScript Interactive Window

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everybody,

I just discovered LabView-MathScript. This was a nice surprice as I am

an enthusiastic Matlab used. The interactive window is a great idea, however

I miss a view things:

1) Syntax Higlighting in hte 'Script' window. It works in the MathScript knot

but for some strange reason not in the interactive window.

2) Line numbers in the 'Script' window.

3) The 'F9' feature of Matlab. If you mark some piece of code in Matlab and

press 'F9' the marked code is excecuted. Very useful for debugging.

I jsut hope that somebody of the MathScript developers is reading this.

Thanks

Ulf

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(7,592 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author us09
Hello,

Yes, we are reading 🙂  We appreciate the suggestions.  The syntax highlighting and line numbers are features we are aware of and hope to add in a future version.  I was not aware of the F9 feature, but we will consider it as well.

Grant M.
Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW Math & Signal Processing | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(7,570 Views)

Great! Smiley Happy

I am looking forward to the next version. BTW identing and monospace

fonts would also be nice and useful. I hope I don't demanding to much Smiley Wink.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,558 Views)

Hi, I was just wondering if those features have been added in Labview 2009. I received the DVDs but have not installed it yet. If not, do you know when it will be added?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,030 Views)

Hi L54,

You can read about all of the new MathScript RT Module features before you install the module in the LabVIEW 2009 MathScript RT Module Readme. I'll let someone else comment on plans for these particular features.

Thanks,

Steve M.

LabVIEW Documentation

Message Edited by StevenM on 08-06-2009 01:44 PM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,019 Views)
Hello,

For the new LabVIEW 2009 MathScript RT module, we concentrated on improving the run-time performance so that .m scripts could be deployed to real-time targets.  Unfortunately, this meant there wasn't much time for MathScript Window improvements.  According to the MathScript RT Module roadmap shown at NI Week 2009, we have currently scheduled MathScript Window improvements for LabVIEW 2010.  Although, this is just the expected roadmap and things are subject to change.

Grant M.
Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW Math & Signal Processing | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,962 Views)