LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie question - error in function at line 1.

Okay, so I have a function defined in a file that essentially does an inverse Abel transform sort of thing on a really big matrix that it takes as an argument. The m-file for that function is attached.  It works on MATLAB, uses only standard syntax AFAIK, and also works on Octave.  Yet when I call it from the Mathscript Window, it takes a while to compile and gives this error:

Error in function augie_image_processing_function at line 1: LabVIEW cannot compile the current MathScript.  Contact National Instruments with the MathScript you used.

Anybody willing to point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!

-PA

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,861 Views)
Hello,

What version of LabVIEW are you using?  I tried this in LabVIEW 2009 SP1 and the only issue I see is on line 74 (unknown symbol: init_abel).  This is simply because I don't have that function.  If I comment out that line or replace it with something else, I only get errors from val1, val2, and initabel not being initialized correctly.  Since I'm seeing errors later in the script, it means I don't see the same problem as you are.

Is your file saved on disk as augie_image_processing_function.m?  Are you calling it from the MathScript Window with the following syntax:
augie_image_processing_function(A)

To try to debug this more on your end, try copying and pasting your function into a MathScript node on the block diagram.  Delete the first line since function definitions are not allowed in a MathScript node.  Add an input to the node called work_im (the same input to your function) and wire a constant matrix to it.  Is the run arrow broken?  What are the errors reported in the Error List window?

Grant M.
Senior Software Engineer | LabVIEW MathScript | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,857 Views)