From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mathscript RT module is not working in LabVIEW 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi All,

I have recently installed LabVIEW 2012 in my PC with Windows 7. However, Mathscript is not working at all. It says "An internal error has occurred in the MathScript RT Module.  Restart LabVIEW and try again.  If the error persists, reinstall the MathScript RT Module." I did that but still does not work. It further says that Mathscript is missing or not installed" but I have installed it. What could the problem be, please? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(13,467 Views)

Are you installing the module with an installer you downloaded or from disk? You can download the software on this page:

https://lumen.ni.com/nicif/us/evaltlktsigproc/content.xhtml

You will need to unzip and install for your current LabVIEW version. Have you also activated this module? If you check under LabVIEW 2012 and then Modules in NI License Manager (Start>>All Programs>>National Instruments>>NI License Manager), do you see the MathScript RT Module listed and colored green? It should also say "Activated for this computer" on the right panel when selected.

If the module does show as activated, can you post more info on the behavior you are seeing? When exactly are you getting the error mentioned? Does it show up when opening LabVIEW, dropping a MathScript Node, executing code with a MathScript node in it, etc?

Regards,

Zach P.

Staff Software Engineer | LabVIEW R&D | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 22
(13,434 Views)

Also, are you using 32-bit or 64-bit LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 22
(13,429 Views)

It comes when I open a Labview program that uses mathscript.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(13,423 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author devkotaj

Were you able to check the installation and activation in NI License Manager? It should say Activated for this Computer and have a green square like this:

rt.png

Zach P.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(13,409 Views)

I am using 32 bit LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 22
(13,404 Views)

Hi,

I don't see the mathscript activated in the list. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 22
(13,401 Views)

Is MathScript Node listed in License Manager at all or is it missing?

If it is in the list, what color is the box and what is its status? You need to activate MathScript with your serial number. If this does not work, verify that your serial number includes a license for MathScript by contacting your NI Account Rep at (888) 280-7645.

Contact NI

If MathScript is not in the list, it is not installed for LabVIEW 2012. You can find the installer at the link in my first post.

Zach P.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 22
(13,388 Views)

Hi guys, excuse me but, I have a little problem, I use Labview 2012 64 bit, I downloaded MathScriptRT for this pack, but, when I want to installed, send me a message that I have to installed Labview 32 bit, why happend that? Could you help me? please

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(13,352 Views)

AFAIK, Mathscript is 32bit. Is there any reason you are using 64bit LabVIEW?

Message 10 of 22
(13,347 Views)