LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i do i activate the Mathscript RT module in LabVIEW 2010 student ed for OS X?

aiyoung and scottH,

Jesse is mistaken. I am unsure if the MathScript installer is included in the bundle listed on the site he mentioned which could explain his confusion but we DO in fact support MathScript RT on OSX for LabVIEW student edition.

-K Scott

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 32
(4,496 Views)

I am mistaken, 

The Student Version of LabVIEW does in fact support MathScript on both MAC and Windows. It appears after I talked with K Scott that the behavior both of you are seeing is not expected behavior. We are having trouble re-producing the problem but will continue to work with you on this issue. 

I am sorry for any confusion this has caused. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 32
(4,481 Views)
1. So what do I do next?
2. What did you do to reproduce the problem? Did you do a clean install of LabVIEW Student 2010 on OS X and then try to install mathscript on top of that?
3. How can I help?
-Scott 

@Jesse_D wrote:

I am mistaken, 

The Student Version of LabVIEW does in fact support MathScript on both MAC and Windows. It appears after I talked with K Scott that the behavior both of you are seeing is not expected behavior. We are having trouble re-producing the problem but will continue to work with you on this issue. 

I am sorry for any confusion this has caused. 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 32
(4,448 Views)
The link is STILL busted. How hard is it to fix a link?
Thanks,
-Scott

@Deborah Y wrote:

The link for NI LabVIEW MathScript RT Module for Mac or Linux is available here. The link was temporarily down but should be working again shortly.

Regards,

Deborah Y.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 32
(4,447 Views)

Also, I'll point out that the error message I get is written for the windows version of LabVIEW. I would suggest that this should be logged as a bug and fixed. There is no Help->Activate LabVIEW Components menu option on OS X.

---

LabVIEW:  The MathScript RT Module requires the LabVIEW Full or Professional Development Systems, LabVIEW Debug Deployment System, or LabVIEW Student Edition to run correctly.  Visit the National Instruments Web site at ni.com to purchase these products. If you have already purchased one of these products, select <b>Help>>Activate LabVIEW Components</b> to activate the product.

---

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 32
(4,445 Views)

Hi Scott, 

One of our product support engineers has been working with another customer who has the same or a similar problem. The customer has agreed to let us access their computer so we can troubleshoot the problem. All of our products go through installation tests before we release them. A basic install of the student edition with mathscript proceeds without problems on our computers, which is why we are having problems reproducing the problem. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 32
(4,412 Views)

A basic install of the student edition with mathscript proceeds without problems on my computer too. The problem only appears when you try to run a VI containing a mathscript block.

I think the crux of the issue is that my install says it's the base version and mathscript requires the student or full dev versions.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 32
(4,406 Views)

That is part of the problem, you shouldn't be able to install a base edition on mac. Something is going wrong on your install. 

Hey I wanted to check on thing with you. Did you download your version of mathscript from the HUB website or our website? Our website only has 2011 loaded right now. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 32
(4,404 Views)

I bought the Arduino+LabVIEW bundle from Sparkfun.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/10812

The CD says: LabVIEW 2010, Service Pack 1. Student Edition Spring 2011

-Scott

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 32
(4,401 Views)
Any progress on this issue? Thanks, -Scott
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 32
(4,374 Views)