From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW MathScript RT Module

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[ERROR −90053] You can specify only one or two index arguments, such as a(1, 2)

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

I'm developing an application for iris recognition on images in LabVIEW that uses quite a lot of Matlab code encapsulated in Mathscript nodes and I encountered a problem that kills my whole algorithm. My application uses a 3D array for searching the boundary of the iris within an image and as I try to return values into this 3D array from a function call I'm getting the following error in a mathscript node: You can specify only one or two index arguments, such as a(1, 2).

The code segment where this happens looks like the following:

hs(y,x,r) = ContourIntegralCircular(imagen,sect+y*jump, sect+x*jump, minrad+r*jump, angs);

Also, upon creation of the 3D array I found out that the zeros() function is not supported with 3 or more arguments in LabVIEW, for which I used the following trick to create the 3D array:

for i = 1:c
    hs(:,:,i) = zeros(a,b);
end

This trick also suffers from the same error as does every line of code that uses this type of 3D indexing for manipulating values in this array.  Is there any way to workaround this problem in the mathscript node?

Edit: meanwhile I found out that 3D arrays are not even supported in the Mathscript node. Is there a way of simulating this data structure somehow or I have to rethink the whole algorithm?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,779 Views)
Solution
Accepted by kemenesendre

Hi kemenesendre,

You are correct that 3D arrays are not supported in the Mathscript node. However, have you seen this forum post?

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/passing-3d-array-to-mathscript-node/m-p/3256028/highlight/true#M9493...

This issue appears very similar to yours. Take a look at the proposed solution in the last post by Bob_Schor; it may work for you! 

Thanks,

Rita Prather
Software Product Manager
rita.prather@ni.com
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(4,747 Views)