LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

hx711 +load cell+arduino using LIFA

i need to communicate with the hx711 to plot the load on a graph on the labview using the LIFA tool kit

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(10,176 Views)

This question has been asked a number of times and this seems to be the most recent thread on the question, so I'll post this here.  I was hunting for a solution to the same problem.  The solution in this thread worked great for me.

https://www.labviewmakerhub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1605

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(10,029 Views)

Hello gintree78, thanks a lot for the link.

I am struggled with the same problem but instead by using LINX I am using LIFA... Did you get it working for LIFA?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(9,819 Views)

No, I've only tried this using LINX.  Isn't LINX just a newer version of LIFA?  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(9,809 Views)

Yes, it is. But if I am not mistaken, there are not compatible... I am thinking that I should modify LIFA_Base script by adding a custom function.
So I will keep going on my searching.

Thanks for your answer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(9,806 Views)

Hello again,

Finally I "created" a library to be able to add a load cell using HX711. It is based on Nathan_B LIFA Ultrasonic Distance LV9 showed in this post:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Interface-for-Arduino/LIFA-Ultrasonic-Distance-Sensor/ta-p/3514004

And was done under the suggestions of Daikataro. Thanks a lot.

For sure that can be enhanced. So far I am not a professional, but still it is working fine. 

Any suggestion, tip or modification would be very welcome. Indeed, I would be very glad if someone with more experience and professionalism have a look and give at least a brief guideline on how could I do it better. 

Message 6 of 12
(9,793 Views)

Hi all,

trying to load this, I get missing items. What to do? As I am new to this, a step-by-step answer would be highly appreciated...Knipsel.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(8,984 Views)

@HJTvdB  ha escrito:

Hi all,

trying to load this, I get missing items. What to do? As I am new to this, a step-by-step answer would be highly appreciated...Knipsel.PNG

Hi,

Remember to add Arduino support to LabView via the VI Package Manager.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(8,545 Views)

It won't work on Arduino Leonardo u.u! Not totally sure why but it performs a time out when performing a VISA reading at some step.

Several Issues, I had to use an alternate version of LIFA_base because the original won't work on Leonardo which I believe is my main issue. In addition, the vi states my pins 0 & 1 are in use or nonexistent, these are used exclusively for communication.

I've tested components using the Arduino IDE and a HX711 Lib and everything works fine.

I will look for a new Arduino UNO since I haven't found a way to make it work on LINX which I believe would be my only solution to make it work on Leonardo.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(8,540 Views)

@Duron-WTS  ha escrito:

Hello again,

Finally I "created" a library to be able to add a load cell using HX711. It is based on Nathan_B LIFA Ultrasonic Distance LV9 showed in this post:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Interface-for-Arduino/LIFA-Ultrasonic-Distance-Sensor/ta-p/3514004

And was done under the suggestions of Daikataro. Thanks a lot.

For sure that can be enhanced. So far I am not a professional, but still it is working fine. 

Any suggestion, tip or modification would be very welcome. Indeed, I would be very glad if someone with more experience and professionalism have a look and give at least a brief guideline on how could I do it better. 

Did you place SCK @ A1 & DT @ A0?

Thank you very much for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(8,539 Views)