From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Blog

Community Browser
Labels
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMDC + Magnetic Encoder + Arduino + Motor shield MD10, What level of Labview interface is possible

Dear Friends 

i am starting  a project in which a basic PMDC motor with a 2PPR magnetic encoder controlled with a arduino MEGA and a Cytron motor shield MD10 driver i want to control it with the Lab view for basic position control. As i understand LIFA is the interface to be used and LINX also would be an option would it be possible to control it as i intend to control the position of the motor CW and CCW upto a certian degre which will be controlled with the encoder and the program to be built in the LabView.

The type of program i am trying to build up is that the motor goes upto a certain angle CW and then halts due to encoder with an interrupt feedback and then goes CCW upto the required angle.and then interrupt stops and then go to home position given by IR sensor.

I am a beginner with arduino and labview will this logic be possible as mentioned above or will it have a lot of lapses in counting and operation.

The hard ware i have available is mentioned below with specs

Motor: 2RPM 24VDC 2A 56Nm torque 1/720 ratio

Encoder: Magnetic 2ppr on motor.

Driver: Cytron motor shield MD10 (How about a SYREN10 driver, Arduino and Labview have serial comunication & so does the SYREN10 driver will that help prevent miscounts from encoder)

Arduino mega board

My only concern is the torque required i dont want to control speed or any other factor. I would appreciate your feedback, please inform me if any further info is required .

Your feedback will be appriciated.

Comments