Did you mean: 

MPU6050+Arduino+Labview

If you don't want to use LIFA or LINX then I would recommend asking on an

Arduino forum.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 35
(4,357 Views)

Dear Nathan

I would have no information on LIFA or LINX.

do I need to install anything except the LabVIEW.

could you please let me know where is the Ardunio forum?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 35
(4,357 Views)

LIFA and LINX are LabVIEW interfaces for Arduino (LIFA = LabVIEW Inteface for Arduino; LINX = LabVIEW Interface for X).  You are currently posting in the LIFA community.  Simply go to the overview tab for more information about LIFA.  LINX is the newer replacement for LIFA and can be cound at the LabVIEW Hacker website:  http://www.labviewhacker.com/linx.

If you want to do everything manually (i.e. not use LIFA or LINX), you need to write both the sketches and the LabVIEW code to do it.

The Arduino forums can be found via the Arduino website (or Google or Bing or Yahoo, etc.).

Here is what we should do at this point.  Since your questions have absolutley nothing to do with the topic of this original discussion (Title:  MPU6050+Arduino+Labview), you should start your own discussion.  In your new discussion, please state what your project is and what you are trying to do.  Then, we will better be able to help you determine if it would be wise to use something like LIFA or LINX (this will typically save a lot of time and hassle if your requirements allow one of them to be used).

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 35
(4,357 Views)

Sure, I have just started a new discussion.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 35
(4,357 Views)

Question, how do I do burst reads from the FIFO? I don't know how to, so now I am reading based on the interupt pin.

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 35
(4,357 Views)

What do you mean by burst reads?  Interrupt pins don't work in LIFA (I'm not sure how this is related to your issue).

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 35
(4,358 Views)

Oh, I mean for the MPU 6050. This may be the wrong forum for this question.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 35
(4,358 Views)

Have you looked at the library that I created that has been previously mentioned in this discussion?

I guess I don't really understand your question.  There is nothing you need to do special to do burst reading of the data via I2C.  Simply read multiple bytes at a time with the I2C Read VI.  That's how I do it in my library.

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 35
(4,358 Views)

Yeah, so I am currently checking the hardware interupt pin to see when new data is in the acc, temp and gyro registers. Then I write the name of the first register to the MPU 6050 and read the 14 registers in succession. In order to do this, I have to implement code in my VI that checks the intereup pin and only reads the 6050 when new data is posted. If I understand correctly, I could instead read the FIFO as frequently as I want and it would update between pings, when the serial line is idle. This would let me remove some code from my VI so that I could run it a bit faster. Currently, I have to check the hardware interupt pin to make sure I don't read the registers between updates. If this happened, the high byte and low byte could correspond to different sampling cycles and the data wouldn't make sense.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 35
(4,358 Views)

Please excuse the spelling errors. I need spellcheck to survive.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 35
(4,358 Views)