LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIFA - Ethernet

Hi friend, tks your help, but I don´t know which IP used for communication of arduino... Which do you indicates me using: the LIFA or LINX? I tried using the LINX, but I know the IP... I need a exemple for know better.

0 Kudos
Message 51 of 56
(2,293 Views)

LIFA [officially] does not support and never will support ethernet.  LINX supports ethernet for select versions of chipKIT microcontrollers.  Check out the LINX documentation at http://www.labviewhacker.com/linx.  Post on the LINX forums if you have any questions about LINX.

Ethernet support for Arduino does not yet exist in LINX but it is in the future plans.

0 Kudos
Message 52 of 56
(2,293 Views)

este Lifa não woks, someone have a lifa 2011 ethernet that work?

0 Kudos
Message 53 of 56
(2,293 Views)

hey all,

@ Uke88  great modify with the Ethernet Interface...

I know aktivity is long ago at this thread... but maybe somebody could find it for help

I tryed also to get the ethernet work... and I checked the protokoll response of Send/Recive funktion at labview.

After some tests i found that the send and recive protocoll is ok but the "checksum_Compute" funktion not work fine in the LIFA_ethernet firmware for Arduino. This means that Labview never could get a positve "Sync" response to work with the arduino.

At first i verifyed the funktion of LIFA_ethernet with original LIFA_Base and found no issues or changes.

in a second step i analyse the  funktion "checksum_Compute" and test some basic c programming rules and modifications...

after initalising the checksum variable to zero Labview get a positive "Sync" and comunicate with arduino.

Change at the LIFA_ethernet firmeware in the file LabVIEWInterface.ino

// Compute Packet Checksum

unsigned char checksum_Compute(unsigned char command[])

{

unsigned char checksum = 0;   //add the zero initialising to checksum

for (int i=0; i<(COMMANDLENGTH-1); i++)

{

checksum += command;

}

return checksum;

}

0 Kudos
Message 54 of 56
(2,293 Views)

@ArMiNoNlY wrote:

HEY TO ALL!! SINCE 2 MONTHS I WAS TRYING TO CONNECT THE ARDUINO VIA ETHERNETH AND CONTROLLING FROM LABVIEW AND ALL MY INTENTS HAVE FAIL............ LAST NIGHT I FOUND THIS FORUM AND I TRIED ALL THE STEPS THAT UKE88 SHARED TO US, BUT I HAD A PROBLEM WITH THE SUB.VI AND THE ARDUINO IN, THE PWM PORT........ I DONT KNOW WHY, SO SEARCHING TO HOW CAN I CONNECT THE LABVIEW VIA ETHERNET SO I FOUND A SOFTWARE CALLED "TCP-COM" THAT IS A PROGRAM THAT CONVERTS THE RS-232 TO TCP/IP PROTOCOL. I JUST HAVE TEST IT AND ALL MY PROBLEMS GET RESOLVED!!!

Thanks for the tip! However, used another software that transfers RS-232 data over TCP
https://www.eltima.com/products/serial-over-ethernet/

0 Kudos
Message 55 of 56
(2,184 Views)

Hello,

I wasn`t able to access your code via drop box, it says error 404 not found. Is it possible for you to reupload or send to my email? I am attempting to establish modbus TCP/IP communcations with my arduino due as a slave and Crio-9057 as a master

0 Kudos
Message 56 of 56
(1,359 Views)