From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Interface for Arduino Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR 5002 with UNO board on Init

Hi Nathan

Thanks for your sugestions i've created a new discussion and i hope to take it from there.

I'd also like to say that my solution to the 5002 error with uno init is to avoid putting the close.vi inside a loop and also initalise the baud rate and ports to be read (Input/ output) in the LIFA_Base frimware before running the original code in Labview...it get very stable now and i can now focus only on my coding.

Thanks a lot Nathan your suggestion really guided me.

Bellow is a shot of the code added in the firmware to get rid of the error...also make sure you initialise the baud rate in Init.vi

RegardsFirmware_Arduino.png

Message 11 of 26
(3,900 Views)

99% or more of the time, nothing in the firmware needs to be changed to use the basic functions of LIFA as long as you provide the correct inputs to the Init.vi.  Pin modes can be set with the Set Pin Mode VI.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 26
(3,900 Views)

hi bro whit this case structure i can resolve my problem to conect my arduino in my bluetooth?

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 26
(3,901 Views)

you7.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 26
(3,900 Views)

HI

i have the similar problem. i have a serious problem in the use of Adruino UNO R3 through it suddenly stopped when i start the program ، where the RX and TX leds were flashed and suddenly stopped.

in the case of re-run the RX was continous flashed only.

please help me urgent to overcome the first step in my project

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 26
(3,900 Views)

If you are just starting your project, it is highly recommened that you do not use LIFA (it is no longer supported), you should use LINX: http://www.labviewhacker.com/linx

Message 16 of 26
(3,900 Views)

I face the same problem when I've started using Labview with Arduino.

I solved ERROR 5002 with UNO board on Init by upload ( LIFA_Base.Ino ) file into my UNO board which you can find here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2013\vi.lib\LabVIEW Interface for Arduino\Firmware\LIFA_Base\LIFA_Base.INO

you must open this file on (Arduino IDE )and uploade it to UNO board and return To your Labview code and It should be run correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 26
(3,900 Views)

Dear Nathan_B

Thank for your response and your kindly interesting

When I received the message using the LINX

I've several attempts to get the job done and learning how to deal with this system

But unfortunately I face the similar problem

please would you find attached file and give me your opinion

Inappropriate, I need your help is necessary to resolve all the problems

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 26
(3,900 Views)

If you are getting errors using LINX, you will get better support in the LINX forums.  I've not really worked with LINX all that much and therefore don't have the practice troubleshooting LINX issues (I no longer have any projects requiring an Arduino).

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 26
(3,900 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem and I did like you said. I uploaded the Arduino LIFA_base code and then I try to run one of the sample programs from Labview but I keep on getting the same error.

Did you change the baudrate or have any issues with the COM ports?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 26
(3,901 Views)