From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S3 Servers Other than Amazon

Is there a way to use this library with non-Amazon hosted S3 servers? My company uses private S3 servers and I'd like to access them in LabView, but it doesn't look like there's a way to specify the server URL with these VIs.

Message 1 of 3
(5,406 Views)

After a while testing and using the plugin, I found it was actually easier to just use awscli - works great on both linux and windows command lines, and we use it with all our other applications too. More performant in syncing than most of the other language APIs, I think.

In any case, the module that generates the URL is in "AMZ_S3_AUTH_Create HTTP Handle" and it's password protected. Its called from LL_PUT Object Core.vi and you could try rewiring the url going to the generic HTTP PUT vi and/or creating your own vi to replace AMZ_S3_AUTH_Create HTTP Handle.

But just use AWSCLI - you'll probably never look back - it can do almost anything in the AWS system too.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,144 Views)

Howdy,

Do you have an example you would be willing to post?

Thanks,

Mike

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,143 Views)