LabVIEW Cloud Toolkits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing on Labview 2010

I tried to follow the instructions by first installing Run-Time 2011, then VIPM but when I tried to install the Interface it responded with a notice that there were no versions of LabVIEW that would support this interface.  Either I did somthing wrong when I installed the Run-Time, or I will need to upgrade.  The later may be too expensive for a retired hobbiest.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,800 Views)

Hi ajdavis2004,

You were speaking of installing Run-Time 2011.

For this toolkit to be installed on a development machine, you need an LV Dev Environment >= 2011. You can also see this in the "Compatible LabVIEW Versions" field of VIPM when you try to install an add-on.

For deployment, you will be fine with runtimes, but for development it is essential to have a proper Development version of LV.

Also note, that you can download dev. versions of LV from ni.com free of charge and use it in evaluation mode for a month.

Aside from upgrading LV dev. on your machine there is no way to use this toolkit.

I developed this a few years ago, but I remember some part of the code being dependent on tools introduced in LV 2011. So I think it would not be even possible to use it by resaving all parts of the toolkit in an older LV version.

Hope this answers your question.

Peter

Message 2 of 3
(5,116 Views)

Thanks Peter, I guess I knew this would not work in a 2010 developement environment. Right now I do not have the resources to purchase a 2011 or higher LV, and downloading the evaluation version without the intent of buying it might not be ethical.

Are there free deployed applications that I can use to develope algorithms on NASA/DOE openNEX data?  I would very much like to compete for prize month offerred this month - https://www.data.gov/climate/climate-challenges and easy access to Amazon S3 would be helpful.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,116 Views)