LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
mrogers97

zoom

This is my 2nd day on LabVIEW and it's pretty frustrating. How are we supposed to see what we're doing? There's tiny little icons and connections and I can't even hit ctrl+scroll up. I literally get a headache after 1-3 hours. For other reasons, I can't change the resolution on my screen either.

How is this intended? If it's not intended and there's a legitimate reason, then a huge popup should come up at the beginning and explain the reason because clearly others feel it's a bad design and the proper way to solve this problem isn't intuitive. Ctrl+Shift+N doesn't help -- it moves already small icons around the screen and they remain the same size.

LabVIEW sounded cool but now I'm just dreading it for the smallest, yet dealbreaking, reasons.

5 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

This is the idea exchange. If you have a beginner question, please ask in the regular LabVIEW forum.

If you think you have a new and unique idea, it sometimes helps to do a quick search to see if it has already been suggested. Then read the full discussion first. 

PaulG.
Active Participant

I can't believe I actually need to suggest this, but try changing your screen resolution on your monitor.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
Manzolli
Active Participant

Windows (I guess 7 and above) has two nice shortcuts that I use as a workaround:

[Windows key] + [+] to enlarge

[Windows key] + [-] to reduce

They launch automatically the magnifier program.

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

LabVIEW is 29-year-old software written in a time when vector graphics were a pipe dream. It's mostly bit maps, and even the stuff that looks like vector doesn't have a scaling factor. A reworking of the entire user interface is something we have worked toward for a long time, but the work on it is muc slower than anyone would have predicted at the outset.

It's one of those things R&D wishes we could deliver faster.

This is a duplicate Idea so I'll flag it to be closed.

Darren
Proven Zealot