LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
falkpl

warnining when running a vi with an opened modal subvi

Anyone ever run a vi when you left a modal subvi opened burried somewhere in the huge pile of opened windows? Wors yet the moday subvi had hidden toolbar and shortcuts disabled (most likely since modals are used as gui vi and you dont expose this toolbar to users).  Now if you dont have your own vi task manager your are most likely stuck and have to force quit labview.  Cant there be an option to wanr me before this situation occurs.  AGAIN THIS WOULD BE AN OPTION,  if you dont like it turn it off.  The simple function when you click the run button, it world check the current sub-vi in memory and see if they are modal if so, they would ask if you want to close the modal subvis, ignore or cancel. 

I use labview all day everyday and find myself in this situation every so often - but maybe this is just me.

Yes I know I can make my own vi to do this but it would be easier if it was already in labview for each future version.

Paul Falkenstein
Coleman Technologies Inc.
CLA, CPI, AIA-Vision
Labview 4.0- 2013, RT, Vision, FPGA
1 Comment
altenbach
Knight of NI

> I use labview all day everyday and find myself in this situation every so often - but maybe this is just me.

I don't use dialogs very often, but bumped into this while editing the tic tac toe entry a few weeks ago.

Have a look at the welcome screen in my example code challenge entry for a dumb "bandaid" workaround.