From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
xdaf

space bar should cycle also "text edit" when editing

This feature already exists in LabVIEW

I like very much the possibility to cycle between "wire" and "select" by pressing the space bar, when editing the block diagram. But usually, I need to edit string or path constants: so I'd like to select the "text edit" tool if I press the space bar again.

The same should apply to front panel editing: cycle should be:"operat value (finger)", "select (arrow)", and text. That's useful to edit labels.

I don't like using the "auto selection tool" when editing BDs or FPs, because you need to be very accurate when pointing the mouse.

6 Comments
G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

This is already in LabVIEW. If you turn AutoSelection off (Shift+Right Click and then turn off the green button) then you can use Tab to switch between the different tools. Autoselection has gotten a lot faster and smarter since 6.1 so I tend to leave it on.

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Completed
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

You can leave the autotool turned on and not have to be so precise with mouse positioning if you know that holding down the control key will shift the autotool to "the second most useful tool over a given area". Knowledge of that shortcut tends to solve all concerns about mouse positioning.

xdaf
Active Participant

Thanks to both for your suggestions.

Regards

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

I am changing the status from Completed to Declined because Completed should only be ideas that R&D see on Idea Exchange, actively developed on it based on the idea here, and it was added to the product.

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)
Status changed to: Declined