LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patibandla

selecting multiple elements in the array to delete

Problem:

I faced to delete multiple elements form the array which is having 20 steps.

solution:

if able to select multiple elements by holding the shift key we can delete selected items 1 time and can insert 1 time.

Array element.png

7 Comments
PaulG.
Active Participant

I'm surprised we can't do this already.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

We can't even do it on a control!

donkdonk

Array editing in general should be improved. Similar suggestions on improving array editing have been done before on this forum.

I personally would like to have array editing similar to editing in excel:

Easily select a range or area (for 2-d arrays) by mouse or shift-arrow then delete/insert/shift rows/columns etcetera.

Copy pasting to/from excel would then also be more intuitive (at least for those using excel).

pauldavey
Active Participant

You can edit arrays by right-clicking on the array indexes and choosing "start selection", "end selection". Choose "show selection" to see a blue framing of all selected cells.  Change the indexes to specify where to start/end selection.

donkdonk

"You can edit arrays by right-clicking on the array indexes and choosing "start selection", "end selection". "

This is exactly what I think is a cumbersome procedure. As said before, excel does a much better job in selecting/deleting/inserting.

Manzolli
Active Participant

It would be nice to have ability to select multiple elements in a easier way, then do many operations like copy, cut, delete, paste, etc. Kudos!

André Manzolli

Mechanical Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Developer - CLD
LabVIEW Champion
Curitiba - PR - Brazil
billko
Proven Zealot

I just ran into this issue myself.  Kudos given!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.