LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WNM

rotate decorations

I would like to have the ability to rotate front-panel decorations like rectangles or ellipses to arbitrary angles.

5 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

That's a completely reasonable expectation to have these days. I'll give it my kudos.

altenbach
Knight of NI

This is a subset of the following ideas:

(I guess it would fall under "anything else" :D)

Darren
Proven Zealot
fairhairedwineboy

I agree with you.  Many customers in today's world expect animated HMIs.

I have worked with many industrial touch panel HMIs.  LabVIEW is a tremendously powerful tool, however complex front panel animations are painfully program intensive to create.  The best HMI for animation that I have ever used gives you the ability to create objects with basic drawing tools that can then be grouped and assigned animation properties for the group such as translation, rotation, color etc.  that are configured in the properties of the group.  Variables and expressions can be used for the various animation parameters.  It goes even further by allowing you to have nested animation groups. This allows for some cool animation that is not that difficult to create.  Unfortunately this HMI is not very good at a lot of other stuff.

For now, the simple ability to have a property node for rotation would be great.  I would like to be able to associate property nodes with graphic items such as lines, rectangles, bitmaps, etc. without having to create custom controls.

crossrulz
Knight of NI

If you like this idea, then you need to give it a Kudos (click the start next to the idea).

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5