From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
douwe123

"Punch-through editing" on case structures

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

It would be nice if I could simultaneously edit all cases of a case structure. There are times when I need to edit all cases of a case structure in the same way, e.g. adding a constant to an output or pulling shift register wires from one side to the other. Right now I need to step through each of the cases and perform this task. It would be great if I could select a "punch through" option on the case structure context menu at which point my block diagram changes are applied to all cases in the structure.

3 Comments
altenbach
Knight of NI

"... or pulling shift register wires from one side to the other".

Have a look at "linked tunnels". Already implemented. 😄

Similarly, to add a diagram constant to an output, you can often do "use default if unwired". If it is often the same value (bot not the datatype default), place the constant before the structure and use a linked output tunnel to wire it to the relevant output.

douwe123

Thanks for the pointer to "linked tunnels" I obviously didn't know about them and they solve the majority of my problems. 

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.