From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Intaris

"Create Sub-VI" when only a wire is selected

I just had a case today where I had an existing wire (An array of configuration parameters) and I selected the wire and then tried "Create Sub-VI" on it.  Nothing happened.

Perhaps it would be simply consistent behaviour if we then allowed creation of a simple VI with Wire Datatype in and out with input terminal connected to output terminal.

6 Comments
fabric
Active Participant

Agreed. And should be part of core... not just Quick Drop!

RavensFan
Knight of NI

This has already been suggested by X

Create SubVI from one or more selected wires

Intaris
Proven Zealot

Indeed.  I know NI forces a search results window when proposing a new idea, but given how much the NI search sucks, it hardly surprises me that I did NOT find that entry.  It surprises me not to see it has already been proposed.  I was surprised when it didn't show up in my search.

I have duly Kudosed it.

RavensFan
Knight of NI

I certainly understand.  I have a hard time finding stuff when I know it exists and I know the keywords because it was my message.  It is even harder when it is someone else's message.

Darren
Proven Zealot
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

And now available through a shortcut plugin contributed by AQ: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-43224