From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LabBEAN

"Apply Changes" should have Keyboard Shortcut in Control Editor (e.g. Ctrl+Shift+C)

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined. 

Ctrl+Shift+A is currrently designated for Align Items.  Is Ctrl+Shift+C used yet?

When I try to add the keyboard shortcut myself, it doesn't take.  I opened the Control Editor and navigated to Tools » Options, typed desired shortcut, pressed Set, clicked OK:

Control Editor Menu Shortcuts - Edited.png

But again, the shortcut doesn't take.  I called NI years ago about this, and the AE duplicated the behavior and filed a CAR.  Nothing happened.  I currently get this error:

Control Editor Menu Shortcuts - Error.png

Even if there are no resources available to fix the root issue, could we get a permanent keyboard shortcut for Apply Changes?  (Thanks.)

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
3 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Ctrl+w works.

*grin* Just kidding.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 2 kudos within 2 years after posting will be automatically declined. 

LabBEAN
Active Participant

This idea was primarily dedicated to shining the spotlight on the dysfunction of custom shortcuts in the control editor, which as of 2014 SP1 (possibly before) appear to be working.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.