LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andi_S

new and simple wire cleanup tool (one-click-cleanup)

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

For large block diagrams the automatic cleanup tool is not really the best solution. It became better by the possibility of selecting an area and cleaning up only this.

Nevertheless I'm still using the possibility of cleaning up a single wire by selecting it and then calling "cleanup wire" from the context menu. This needs a lot of clicks and also a lot of time if there are many wires to be processed.

What I’m missing and suggesting a tool to cleanup a wire by just one mouse click.

For this please integrate a new tool to the tool palette which can be reached by the tab-key. Clicking with this tool to a wire should clean it up immediately.

Additionally a hotkey should be integrated (I suggest the <ALT> key). Holding this key will switch the mouse pointer to the cleanup-mode. Releasing it should switch it back to the originally selected tool.

See the image for better understanding. Please note that I'm using LV 2011SP1 German language.

mouse_cursor_windows_by_mikima-d36oslj.png

3 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

What's wrong with just selecting the wires and then use the cleanup tool?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Andi_S

too many mouse clicks and movement 😉

... and the global cleanup-tool leads to different results than using the tool from the context menue

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.