LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andi_S

make "Color tool" and "get Color tool" usable with bitmap images

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Very often there is the situation that I have to insert an illustrating drawing my front panels. Most of the time I have the problem, that those graphics does not have a transparent background. It would be great if the Coloring tool could be used to change the colors of the bitmap to transparent but also to other colors. If you integrate such a function please also think about a local / global option in the color dialog.

colorCorrection.jpg

3 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI

Personally, I can't say I feel the need.

@Andi_S wrote:

Most of the time I have the problem, that those graphics does not have a transparent background.

Why don't you open them in a graphics program and change the BG to transparent? Or do you do that and this idea is just about saving that step?

Exactly - that's what I do and what I still have to do for more complex graphics operation. The idea was just because there is already a tool for changing colors - so why don't extend it to the bitmap graphics.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.