LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GregFreeman

keep control centered when changing from constant

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.

This is something that isn't a huge deal, but really annoys me for some reason. I will create a constant, then change it to a control and it bends my wire that I already lined up. I would prefer that it kept the center of the control terminal in line with the wire. Admittedly, this was a bigger problem when we couldn't create a typedef from the block diagram because I was always creating a constant first on the BD, then changing to a control to make into a typedef. But, it still plagues me from time to time.

I admit, this may be unreasonable because there are plenty of times I don't want things in line from left to right, but instead put a constant above/below a terminal, case structure etc. But, I thought I'd throw it out there.

2 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Can't reproduce that in LV 2011. The control's terminal is well aligned no matter how far I put the constant away from the Waveform indicator...

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 5 kudos within 5 years after posting will be automatically declined.