LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QFang

graph/chart axis: "swap side" at run-time

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Currently, if for some reason you wish to move e.g. the x-axis of a graph to run along the top of the graph display, you have to do this at edit-time by right-clicking the (x-)axis and selecting "Swap Sides".  I have not found any property or invoke node to do this at run-time.  

Instead, I have to duplicate a scale (at edit time), move one using "Swap sides", then in the program I need to programamtically track and control which one is visible at any given time.  Since the graph area properly resizes/moves as the scale(s) move in and out of visibility, I see no reason for why the "swap sides" functionality can't be a boolean property accessible at run-time? (But then again, there are a lot of things I don't see, especially on the back-end of the LabVIEW environment...)

As a side note, it seems like you can't even swap sides at edit times for a chart.

This idea is related to this idea:

Allow axis swap for Waveform charts graphs and intensity charts

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
3 Comments
garrettmarsh

What version of LabVIEW? Regarding your last comment, I was able to swap sides for the chart in edit-time in LV 2013, so I'm wondering what behavior you saw. I did notice that you cannot duplicate the x scale however.

QFang
Active Participant

I went to double check my last coment on the chart and swapping sides, I see now that I do have that option at edit time for charts as well.  I'm sorry, I must have missed it when I was writing the idea.. Good thing that was a side note and not really the meat of the idea. 🙂  And we still use LV 2013 SP1.

QFang
-------------
CLD LabVIEW 7.1 to 2016
Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.