LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
快乐创新

file path self check during generate EXE application

Use the Application Directory VI to obtain path information that is valid when running in both the IDE and in an EXE

It’s amazing to send some questions about programing for labview. Recently, I use labview to develop an application which includes some file I/O function such as creating path to save some data. and I use subVI’s path cite to indicate new path for saving data. But unfortunatelyI fund that it’s seriously problem after generate exe application and running。

Absolutely. It’s unavailable to save data. So I have to using top VI path to generate new path and solve this problem, during this time. I have an inspire to share with you during generating exe application using labview which has application self check security as show in next table.

Check Path

Determining whether it’s security or unavailable after produce exe application when running

Auto change scroll position in table controller

If user set table controller number of page for displaying. it can automatically adjust scroll position in table controller when new page data incoming.

5 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

1. You can use the relative paths inside of the EXE in order to open references to VIs inside of the executable.  So that is a valid use.  In your case, you really should be using Application Directory instead of Current VI's Path.

2. You can programmatically set the scroll position using a property node.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

Yes. I agree with crossrulz. Use the "Application Directory" function instead.

快乐创新

Also it 's use for subVI's directory without gaving top vi path?

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Use the Application Directory VI to obtain path information that is valid when running in both the IDE and in an EXE

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

> Also it 's use for subVI's directory without gaving top vi path?

No. For things internal to the EXE, continue to use Current VI's Path.