From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
Miraz_Automation

Zoom In-Out

Hiiiiiiiiiii......

I am not sure whether anyone had posted this requirement before, but I would like to have a Zoom In- Zoom Out functionality in LabVIEW.

Some times when code becomes too crowded its difficult to analyse which wire is going where.

With Regards

Miraz
Kudos is better option to thank somebody on this forum
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
6 Comments
fabric
Active Participant

Did you try a search of the Idea Exchange for "zoom"? Smiley Surprised

Norbert_B
Proven Zealot

The good old request for zoom out.... requested many times, equally often rejected for good reasons. Take the Navigation Window as solution.

Zoom in, something which *could* be useful in specific situations. So maybe this is still in consideration.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Duplicate: Add a zoom function (yes, I said zoom. So sue me)

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
PaulG.
Active Participant

Often requested and thankfully always rejected. Having zoom in/out would only encourage the development of block diagrams the size of Detroit.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
crossrulz
Knight of NI

Actually, I would be fine with a zoom in only.  I would not like a zoom out for the same reason PaulG just gave.

By zoom out, I mean can't zoom out further than the current display setup (100%, if you will).  The navigation window can be used for the larger VIs.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Darren
Proven Zealot