LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hugo_fr

XML Parsing : XPath version 1.0 is outdated

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Version 3.1 : http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath-31/

This version should allow the manipulation of OpenDocument XML content.

5 Comments
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

I do not know what this is in reference to, so I cannot route this to the right place. Is this some part of LabVIEW? Part of Report Generation Toolkit? Part of some other NI product? Please clarify for me what you're asking NI to upgrade/fix so I can flag the right people.

Oligarlicky
Tianbin_Xu
NI Employee (retired)

XPath 3.1 became W3C Candidate Recommendation on December 2014, it seems there are very few XML Parser libraries that has implemented XPath 3.1.

The "XML Parser VIs and Nodes" in LabVIEW relies on the underlying Xerces-C library to support querying XML document with its XPath feature, it will be straightforward for XML Parser VIs to support XPath 3.1 if the Xerces-C library can support it first.

pauldavey
Active Participant

Can NI make use of XQilla? This is recommended on the Xerces project page for those wanting to use XPath 2 (which is at least better than 1).

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.