LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j.masse

What is needed to deploy a specific function.

Since LabVIEW 2011 installs many things in a standard install, what I would like to see is what it takes to deploy a specific function either in the Help window or somewhere. Just because it is on the functions palette doesn't mean it is free to deploy and before using something I will have to pay extra for, I would like to know that before I use it. Also, this should help in trying to figure out what is needed to deploy your executable, since there are many different RTEs. Thanks

5 Comments
j.masse

Or you could offer an option to set up the functions palette based on RTEs needed

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

> and before using something I will have to pay extra for

Are you talking about toolkits that cost money to purchase or are you talking about VIs that need DLLs that must be deployed? I'm unclear which "cost" you're having problems evaluating. If it is the DLLs problem, the VI Hierarchy window shows not only all the subVIs that must be deployed but also all libraries on which the VI depends.

j.masse

Vision functions is a clear example for additional costs or a specific RTE. Also, certain Visa functions require the VISA RTE etc..

Knight of NI
Darren
Proven Zealot