LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrey_Dmitriev

Vision: Get Last Event - Replace I32 array with Ring Constants on "Which Event" Input

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.

Problem

At this moment when I create constant on Which Event Input (Get Last Event Method):

event-ring-01.png

it looks like that:

event-ring-02.png

and every time I should go to help to check which number is responsible for Click, which for Draw, etc... (Usually I using Ring constant obtained from IMAQ WindLastEvent).

Compare it with IMAQ WindLastEvent function:

event-ring-03.png

Suggestion

Do the same in Get Last Event Method. Please replace meaningless array of I32 with array of Ring Constants:

event-ring-04.png

Andrey.

3 Comments
GregSands
Active Participant

Yes!  I've defined my own ring and wrapper for Get Last Event, but it would be good to have this built-in.

jared_j

I think this is solvable.  In the image display control RC file I modified the "Which Events" parameter from

"Which Events"      iL1D   in

to look like this

"Which Events"      iL1D  enumNoOtherValue {"Click Event"=1,"Draw Event"=2,"Size Event"=4,"Scroll Event"=5,"Double Click Event"=8}  in

The result is something that looks like this on the Block Diagram

Which Events Expanded.png

The only problem is that when I first create the constant it looks like this.

Which Events New Constant.png

I'm not sure how to make it default to a grayed out "Click Event" value.  I'll look into it some more but I guess this is still better than the existing experience.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 4 kudos within 4 years after posting will be automatically declined.