LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ABCPrograms

View Properties of control and indicators in property manager screen

Sometimes it's just easier to see all the properties of a control and an indicator in one overview.  => a property manager screen which can be switched on.

If you select a control/indicator the properties of that control or indicator are shown.

From this screen you can adapt every property by editing text or selecting a value from a downdown list.

Property manager has two tabs :

- General : general settings (e.g. label = array ; representation = I32)

- Appearance : apearance settings (e.g. show caption = true)

PropertyManager.jpg

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
LabVIEW 5.1 - LabVIEW 2012
6 Comments
TCPlomp
Trusted Enthusiast

Sound like a duplicate of : http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Property-grid-to-view-edit-clusters-in-a-treeView/idi-... (kudots though)

Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
ABCPrograms
Active Participant

Not really the same.  the window I would like to see is  general (for all controls and indicators), while in that subject it's only about cluster and XControls.

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

Have fun using LabVIEW... and if you like my answer, please pay me back in Kudo's 😉
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Actually, it would be more of a duplicate of this Multiple Control Property Editor .

ABCPrograms
Active Participant

Still Ravensfan it's not the same.  This screen would be easier to use and would not only show, but also be able to addapt settings.  But I have to admit that I didn't see that post before 😉

Kind regards,

- Bjorn -

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)

There is another idea that incorporates this functionality (http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Idea-Exchange/Add-quick-view-of-properties-of-control-like-Web-UI-Bu...). Even though your idea was first, I'm actually going to close this one out and encourage people to vote on the other if they would like this functionality. The other idea has more votes currently and thereby has a better shot of seeing light within R&D. I love this idea though and have already voted for the other one!

G-Money
NI Employee (retired)