LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ajay_MV

Updating the "VI Connector" to some higher number of connectors should automatically update in all files of the project.

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.

I feel like frustrated when there is a lack of connector in the existing VI and need moreSmiley Frustrated.  Because, when I update it to new pattern as shown below, I need to update the VI's instance in all other VIs in the project.  Since I am updating the pattern from lower number of connectors to the higher number of connectors, it would be better if all the instances in other VIs get updated automaticallySmiley Happy.Auto update VI connector.png

--
Ajay MV

6 Comments
Ken_Naylor

You don't have to delete the faded VI, add the new one and rewire.  Have you tried 'Right Click' on the faded VI and selecting 'Relink to sub VI' ?  Granted you still have to do this for every instance but it is quicker.

Ken

X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

You mean like a "relink" to modified subVIs (which currently only works for a single new subVI that you are modifying before you save it)?

I have been told by an NI employee on another forum that this is not the way LV is designed. So I'd say, sure, more power to the user...

PS: in you example, there are no broken wires. The situation is much worse when that happens...

PPS: You may want to check this related idea about modifying subVIs...

Ajay_MV
Active Participant

Ken.

I tried the relink feature.  But, still I feel like this automatic relinking is a good one.  Consider, I used a subVI in more than 50 places in a project.  Then, when I change the connectors pattern (without changing previous wires to the connectors), then I need to go each places(more than 50 places) in project and relink the subVI which will be very time consuming.

X.

Yes, I mean a "relink" option which does the job automatically.

--
Ajay MV

A-T-R
Ajay_MV
Active Participant

A:T:R

That's really helpful to me.  I just used it for my development and it reduced my development time by 30 minutes.  Thanks for your information.

--Ajay

--
Ajay MV

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has received less than 3 kudos within 3 years after posting will be automatically declined.