LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
GurraW

Unicode Support also for writing text to a Picture

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined. 

As Labview now supports Unicode for some controls, it would be great to also extend it to the picture control.

I would like to write some unicode to a picture, as the image shows, but at the moment only ascii-chars are shown.

Unicode.png

3 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

When did Unicode get supported in LabVIEW?  As far as I am aware, that has not been released yet.  And if it has, then this idea needs to be marked as complete: Support Unicode

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
GurraW

Christian_L writes on LabVIEW Unicode Programming Tools :

"LabVIEW for Windows has limited support for Unicode strings in the front panel controls and indicators. This is not an offically supported feature, meaning that it is not as fully tested as other released parts of the development and run-time environment."

So it is correct, that unicode is not yet fully official support, but after testing I find that it works for most of my needs. However, I would like to also be able to write text in a picture, which not yet work, thereof this post. 

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.