From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elset191

Undo Tile (ctrl + T)

Fixed in LabVIEW 2009 and later

I spend time making the size of my front panel and block diagrams fit my code well.  Unfortunately everyone once in a while I will hit ctrl+T when I'm trying to press ctrl+R to run my code, and it of course changes the dimensions of my windows.  I try to undo the operation, but it does not work properly (or as I would want it to).  It moves it back to its position, but the dimensions are all wrong still.  Very frustrating.

I propose that Undo reverts the panels to their pre-tiling size.

--
Tim Elsey
Certified LabVIEW Architect
19 Comments
tst
Knight of NI Knight of NI
Knight of NI
Yes yes yes yes yes yes. This should actually probably be a bug report.

You have NO IDEA how many times I've done this and cursed (luckily not out-loud) when this has happened to me, and then cursed again when Undo didn't undo it.

That said, it seems to work correctly in LabVIEW 2009, but I haven't tested it extensively.

PJM_Labview
Active Participant
Ya, I got hit by this one too quite a few time. Like said, it appear to have been fixed in LV 2009 (which I did not know before I read this idea).

vipm.io | jki.net

muks
Proven Zealot

Wow. Yes we need this. I guess this is just one thing we have accepted to live with

Well till now.............

grubin698
Undo worked on tiling in 7.1.1.  Did they break it in 8.x?
elset191
Active Participant
GAH! Got me again today
--
Tim Elsey
RavensFan
Knight of NI
How come I've never had this problem?
elset191
Active Participant
Not sure, but be grateful
--
Tim Elsey
altenbach
Knight of NI

Several FP sizing/panning operations cannot be undone. I have not run into the ctrl-T problem (because I never use it), but especially with xcontrols where only a small section of the controls are typically visible, I sometimes double-click on the terminal of a control/indicator, only to have the FP irreversibly pan to some offscreen location to highlight the object.

The operation would be less damaging if we could define the runtime bounds seperately as suggested in this idea.

Jim_Kring
Trusted Enthusiast
I agree.  I'll go one step further and recommend that we Remove the Window Tile Feature altogether.