LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ouadji

Unbundle By Name ( Wiring )

Available in LabVIEW NXG. Cluster property nodes always grow to the right when accommodating longer element names.

8 Comments
crossrulz
Knight of NI

I belive the problem here is that the text is center justified.  Therefore I'd say this is a related idea: Left justify text in unbundle / bundle by name

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
jcarmody
Trusted Enthusiast

That's what I thought until I tried changing the justification.  Although you can set the justification, it doesn't appear to affect anything.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

ouadji
Trusted Enthusiast

Thank you to all for kudos.

Indeed, it's a very small thing, but often very annoying.

johnsold
Knight of NI

For me the prefered behavior of the Bundle and Unbundle by Name nodes ahould be to be anchored to the end where the cluster wire is attached. Regardless of the text justification as discussed in the idea crossrulz linked, the growth/shrinkage should always be at the end away from the cluster wire. This will provide a consistent, predictable behavior.

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Completed

Available in LabVIEW NXG. Cluster property nodes always grow to the right when accommodating longer element names.

Darren
Proven Zealot

Here's a screenshot:

3.png

ouadji
Trusted Enthusiast

thank you Darren! good news !   Smiley Happy

BVSmith

That doesn't help us LabVIEW users Smiley Sad

Brian Smith
Advanced Light Source
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory