Unbundle By Name: Element Autopopulation

UnbundleByName_Autopop.png

Regards,

Peter D

6 Comments
X.
Trusted Enthusiast
Trusted Enthusiast

Green is right, red is wrong. Why encourage wrong?

Moreover, you are not mentioning the other option which is to drop an "Unbundle" primitive (no name), connect it to your cluster, which will automatically expand it to the correct size to account for all elements, and then replace it by an unbundle by name.

Pete.Dunc
Active Participant
I like the Unbundle trick, thanks for that. The 'red' behaviour is inconsistent with the 'green' and it bugs me each time it happens. I can't see an argument for why the current behaviour would be useful to anyone :) A minor inconvenience, but causes a few clicks that could be avoided.

Regards,

Peter D

JimChretz
Active Participant

So both green and red squares represent the actual behavior.

We can guess that your proposal would be that in the red square, labview should be smart enough to understand that we don't need 3 times the same data, it should automatically show the 3 first elements of the cluster.

kudos

jcarmody
Trusted Enthusiast

<Never mind>

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

<sarcasm>You don't need three times the same data? I thought everyone would do all their computations three times in paralell and then compare the results. Right?</sarcasm>

I like this idea. This is a behavior that bugs me on a regular basis, but at such a low-burn rate I've never actually raised an objection to it. Kudos!

Yamaeda
Proven Zealot

Kudosed, but as a tip, un the unbundle case, you can reduce and then expand it to get the following items, unless it was already wired on the outgoing side ofc.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer