From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW Idea Exchange

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
0 Kudos
qfman

Ubuntu vs snoopers charter on Win10

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.

I refuse to work with any more Microsoft OS products. I am currently using win7 SP1 but I am wrighting this on my new / next workstation running Ubuntu. I would like to see NI move away from Microsoft and start to focuse on Linux. Please start moving towards Linux sooner rather than later.

I have successfuly goten GoTo my PC to run on Ubuntu but am having trouble getting DiaDem up and running. Does any one have any helpful experence to share on this.

6 Comments
RavensFan
Knight of NI

Well.  That was a pointless rant.  Apparently your Linux installation needs a better spell checker.  "wrighting" ???

Yes.  Let's encourage NI to abandon the OS that is on the huge majority of PC's in the world.

AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

If you need tech support for Diadem on Linux, or any other NI products, please post in the regular forums. The NI Application Engineers who help customers do not patrol the Idea Exchange.

As for the idea, we will leave it open for a bit to see what comments it attracts, but this is an issue that NI surveys regularly.

qfman

So I did look at the regular forums and did not find any information

0 results
Sorted by:
AristosQueue (NI)
NI Employee (retired)

I did not expect you to find information about Unbutu. I expected that you would post the problem that you are having and see if AEs had any information for you. We formally support only a few specific Linux flavors. Even so, our Linux installs generally work on many other flavors of Linux -- your mileage may vary. LabVIEW itself works fine on Unbutu. I do not know about Diadem. If you post the problem you are having, others may be able to assist you in making it work. But it is not information that I would expect would already exist.

Does that make sense?

qfman

Yes and I did that

Darren
Proven Zealot
Status changed to: Declined

Any idea that has not received any kudos within a year after posting will be automatically declined.